Dubai, a tiny desert town 50 years ago, has developed itself into a city that is now a business hub and cultural melting pot. It is a very famous tourist attraction. Dubai is very well-known for its shopping, unique architecture, and entertaining nightlife. The evolution of architecture in Dubai has amazed the world. There are luxury villas like District one villas Dubai and golf villas. The city has not stopped in progress and maintenance. The real estate business and tourism sector drive the economy of Dubai.
Dubai is distinctive, therefore, we want to share some amazing facts about Dubai.
Let’s start with some interesting facts about Dubai:
GOLD TO COVER MONA LISA PAINTING
Burj Al Arab is a very famous building in the world. The building is decorated with 24-carat gold leaf. 1,790 square meters of the area is covered in gold. That much gold can cover the Mona Lisa painting 46,265 times. These are the wonders that Dubai has already done. This much gold for decoration is truly a wonder.
ENOUGH SAND TO FILL 2.5 EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
The construction of an artificial island. No one can think of building such things other than the creative minds in Dubai. In the construction of Palm Island, 94 million cubic meters of sand were required. This much sand can cover 2.5 Empire State buildings. The sand and rock used in constructing Palm Island could build a 2 meters wide wall that can circle the entire globe 3 times.
SUPERCARS FOR POLICE
Dubai never misses an opportunity to show the world how classy the city actually is. The police here use supercars. This includes Ferrari FF, Lamborghini Aventador, and an Aston Martin One-77. The costs of these cars are from AED 1,458,161 to AED 6,574,580.
This also includes the world’s fastest car Bugatti Veyron that cost around 1,600,000. The education of one student in the college can cost around US$ 248,000 for four years. This is way less than what Dubai has spent on cars.
TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD
The tallest building in the world is Burj Khalifa. It can be seen from 95 Km away from the building. It is 163 stories high. The total height of the building is 839.8 meters. It holds a number of amazing things in the building. It is the tallest building structure. Burj Khalifa also has the world’s fastest elevator that can take you to the observation deck very quickly, providing a wonderful view.
25% OF THE TOTAL WORLD’S CRANE IN DUBAI
The times when there was a boom in the evolution of building in Dubai. It is said by several media sources that the world’s twenty-five per cent of total cranes are in Dubai. That’s a huge number for a city to hold such numbers of cranes.
85% OF FOREIGN POPULATION
The locals in Dubai are estimated at only 15%. The other 85% are expatriates. The majority of this foreign population are immigrants. The labour came from the countries India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh to build hundreds of skyscrapers in Dubai. The population from only these three countries comprise 50% of the city’s population. The city is divided into different classes, while some are living the luxury lifestyle, the others are struggling to break bread and send money to their homes.
ROBOTS TO REPLACE ILLEGAL CHILD IN CAMEL RACING
Camel racing is a very loved sport in Dubai. Since the size of the camel is small, only children can ride it. This sport leads to child trafficking in Dubai. The city has caught the issue and decided to put an end to such crimes. Dubai has come up with a solution. Now, child-size robots are being built to ride the camel. These robots can cost from AED 1100 to AED 36,730.
Dubai has so many interesting things to offer in itself. It is a haven for immigrants, a top-class holiday destination, and a dream place for the rich. Dubai has amazing places and communities like Port De La Mer Dubai and Downtown City. This city has evolved itself into something spectacular.